My domain is not working
updated 4 months ago
Domain not working?
First, check that your nameservers point to Cloudflare via http://dnschecker.org/ -- put yourdomain.com and pick NS then search. It should show your Cloudflare nameservers.
If it doesn't, then your domain is not being managed by Cloudflare (yet), and so a free domain won't work. Check this article for more info.
If your domain is with Cloudflare, load this URL, replacing yourdomain.com with... your actual domain.
You should be redirected to a page with some text debug info, like you can see here - https://edge.funnelflux.pro/debug/request
There's a few results you could get:
- I get an SSL error!
- Ok, assuming your domain is running through Cloudflare fine, its likely that you have not set SSL to use flexible mode. Check the article linked earlier and the page rule settings
- It doesn't load at all
- Have you added an A-record pointing to the IP we give you on the Settings > Domains page? You need to add your domain here first, get the IP, then use that in an A-record
- It loads sometimes, but its 50/50
- Chances are you have TWO A-records in orange-cloud mode. If you had an existing one and just added ours, you need to delete the old one. Cloudflare is unique and when in orange-cloud mode, it allows you to add multiple records that it will rotate. So it has two "answers" it can give, hence the 50/50. Delete the old record, you should only have the one A-record for your domain/subdomain that points to our IP
- It goes to some random page
- If this happens, your domain is definitely not point to our system/IP correctly. This could be due to propagation and DNS caching if you have already made all DNS changes. A good way to test is to try connecting to a VPN (forces you to use new DNS resolvers), opening a new private browser window, then loading domain.com/debug/request there.
None of these helping? Reach out and we'll try to get to the bottom of things.